To ensure a long lasting soy wax candle and achieve a gentle burn follow the following tips:
- Create a memory burn, which means the first time you light your candle, make sure it burns and has a complete melt pool across the jar. For most candles here at Sekai Candles this will be ½ - 1 ½ hours. A wide melt pool prolongs the burn time and assists in producing optimal scent throw and would avoid tunnelling.
- Make sure to burn the candle for a minimum of 2 ½ - 4 hours each time you relight
- Please make sure to burn your candle no longer than 4 hours at a time
- After the initial lighting of a candle, please ensure the wick is trimmed to 1cm-1½cm and remove any wick debris that is created during the trimming process.
- Please ensure to keep your candle away from direct sunlight and when lit away from a draft
- Keep wax pool free from debris such as match heads and wick trimmings to avoid secondary sources of flames
- Never leave a lit candle unattended
- Please keep out of reach of children
- Always store candles in a cool, dark and dry place
- Most importantly enjoy your candle